Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Another check-up

Well, today was my 28-week check up. Again, my weight has taken another significant jump. The doctor and myself can't quite figure it out. My blood pressure is excellent, I'm not completely swollen, my belly measurements are normal, and my glucose test was normal. So, I'm just going to keep trying to cut out extras where I can and hope for the best. I'm sure the multiple helpings of homemade ice cream this past weekend at my parents' house didn't help the cause, but it just tasted so darn good!

My appointments will be every 2 weeks from now until 36 weeks. I also am to start doing "kick counts". This involves counting the baby's movements within an hour. Once I've counted six movements, I can stop. This shouldn't be a problem as it seems he is growing more active each day. It's interesting to watch my belly contort as he gets comfy. I'm getting more anxious to meet this little guy!

In other happenings, we are going camping for one night this weekend in Columbus with our church group. This should be interesting. I wasn't born a camper, but I try to be a good sport. This time, I'm pregnant and use the restroom quite a bit. So, finding my way in the dark to the facilities could be fun. We're taking our double-high inflatable mattress with plenty of pillows (which are important these days) to make my one night of "roughing-it" somewhat tolerable. The forecast is saying mid to upper 70s which makes me happy. This 94 degree weather does not work well for me.

OK, that's my news for now. Glad you liked the coconut poofs, Kris. We wouldn't steer you wrong!

Below is a photo taken at the beginning of my 27th week of pregnancy.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I was wondering how you were doing! We need a picture...I am sure you look really really cute!!

Kris said...

They tell me that sometimes it dosen't matter what you are eating, your body makes you gain the amount of weight that is healthy for you and the baby...and that is different for everyone. Like I said...they TELL me that...it's hard to accept it though. :P

Angela said...

Jen: I will try to post a photo tonight. I'll just have to go home and have Evan take one of me.

Kris: You're right. I just have to believe that since everything else is good and normal, that my body is just doing what it needs to do. Hard to accept at times, very true.

Jen said...

I completely agree with Kris too. I gained 25 pounds the entire pregnancy with my 1st and ate everything I wanted. My 2nd I was much more careful watching what I ate and walking and I gained 43 pounds. You just don't have control...that is the hard part :(

Angela said...

Jen, I posted a photo for you! So, you gained the 43 lbs. when you were pregnant with Ethan. How big was he when he was born? A few people have commented/joked that I'm going to have a huge baby just because I'm gaining weight. But I don't think that's true.

Jen said...

CUTE!! I think you look great! Don't listen to other people...I got some of the same thing. The funniest part was Ethan was only 6 lbs. 3 oz. born 3 1/2 weeks early.

He was not big at all! I am still trying to work that baby gain off but the good news is that I am just so thankful for him. The weight still bothers me some but at least I have something to show for it :)

palmtreefanatic said...

Honestly Ang I think you look GREAT!!! Don't stress I gained 50 lbs with Adam....

sarah cool said...

LOOK AT YOU, CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You are adorable!!!

Plus, I love that shirt!! That's my favorite color.

Rachel Johnson said...

You look great!!!!

This is Rachel Johnson by the way:) We are so happy for you two. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain if everything else is fine. Some just gain more then others;)

Rachel