
This last week Seth has started to smile more frequently. Sometimes he almost laughs which makes me laugh. Such a sweetie.
But we're also all smiles after surviving this weekend after realizing that Seth is allergic to milk-based formula. Now he only gets 1-2oz. of formula per feeding on average, the rest is me. Initially we used soy-based formula which worked fine. Then I was sent 2 sample cans of Enfamil milk-based formula, which I thought I'd try. After 5 days, suddenly Seth's body reacted. Started with partial swelling of hands and fingers on Sat. afternoon, by 9am Sunday, he had red blotches under his chin, all over his arms, and a blotch on one thigh. Even the tops of his ears were red and slightly puffy. Scary for a first-time mom. Originally I thought he was bit by a bug because only one hand was puffy and I saw 2 little red dots near his wrist. But by Sunday morning's discovery I figured it had to be the formula. We immediately stopped using it and got more soy-based. The redness almost immediately faded and by this morning you can't even tell it happened. Guess these are the things that you only find out by trying them.
1 comment:
yup and scary for you indeed! glad you figured it out! He looks so adorable!
Post a Comment