Monday, March 10, 2008

Our kitchen redo

This weekend, as the snow came down, we spent our time indoors fixing up our kitchen. When we bought the house 4 years ago, we didn't change the kitchen floor...mainly because there were so many other things that were more important. So, now was the time. Evan did a great job doing this basically by himself. I helped in small ways during my breaks...someone had to take care of the 3rd Hammersmith!

Of course we were so anxious to get started that I forgot to snap a true "before " photo, but you'll get the idea with these:

BEFORE:
This is the floor with most of the tiles pulled up. I'd say about 80% came up with no effort. The next is a close-up of the old color scheme. We had selected that paint color to go with the existing tiles. It worked for awhile, but it was time to change.



This is Evan getting the last of the tiles up. There were 4-5 that were pretty tough to remove.


AFTER:
I think it turned out great. It looks so much cleaner! Not bad for around $100.

A close-up of the color scheme:

6 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE it Angela! So peaceful and lovely. Great job to both of you :)

sarah cool said...

Hey! I love that!! It looks really great.

Kris said...

one of the perks of a small kitchen or bathroom is that buying tile to redo the floor dosen't cost a fortune :)

palmtreefanatic said...

wow! That looks so gorgeous!
Great job!

Beth said...

It looks great!! You guys did a great job!! It is amazing what new flooring can do for a room!!

Hoffbeauty said...

It's FANTASTIC! Way to go!! :)

FYI...I just "tagged" you on my blog. You're it! :)