
Seth and I at the Lesch Family Reunion
Seth is always a good traveler. Yesterday we put him to the test, though. He didn't get an afternoon nap and that led to a tiny melt down at the family picnic. It figures. Some of these people were seeing him for the first time...and what do they hear? A crying, fussy child. I know, most of you who read this are thinking: Seth? Fussy? But it's true. The kid needs his naps.
I should have known it was going to happen considering:
1. His morning nap was cut short due to us having to arrive at church early for Evan to prepare for his FPU announcement.
2. Fed Seth his lunch after church during Evan's FPU interest mtg. Was hoping Seth would then fall promptly to sleep for the 1 hour drive to Norwalk. As luck would have it, Seth fell fast asleep...as we arrived in Norwalk! Again, had to wake him up.
3. We forgot to bring his stroller a.k.a. place to sleep. For the next couple hours he was being held by someone and getting more and more hot and fussy.
There you have it. Recipe for a melt down. Granted, the crying didn't last long. He eventually snapped out of it and ran purely on fumes of playfulness and pleasantness. He managed to take a brief nap in the truck while Evan ran in to get his hair cut at his sister's house. I stayed in the truck with him with the A/C running. He stayed asleep even upon arriving at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Eventually he either woke up or we woke him up to eat his dinner. Then played and crawled all over their kitchen floor. He slept most of the way back to Lakewood and went promptly to bed. Ugh.
Both naps today have been around 2 hours long...I think he's making up for yesterday.
2 comments:
awww, I thought he did great considering! xoxoxox
Great pic;)
Nothing like the Nap-Catch-Up game. It's a particular favorite of ours.
Post a Comment