Monday, May 4, 2009

We will miss you, Grandma!

Easter 2008

Today is a sad day. My grandma passed away this morning in her home. She had been declining for quite sometime and we last visited her less than a month ago for Easter. She got to see us as well as Seth and we had a nice visit. I'm so glad we had that time and to tell her we loved her for what would be our last time.

I will think of her every time I sing one of her songs to Seth. She taught me so many when I was little. You couldn't ask for a better grandma. She'd play games with me from the moment I arrived at her house to the time I went home. She lived right next to the hospital where my mom worked, so I was there every snow day, sick day and most of the summer until I was old enough to stay home. She demanded a hug and kiss upon every arrival and departure. She loved us so much and we loved her...still do. We love you Grandma! We'll miss you so much!

5 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

what great memories.

Liz McCoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anthony p said...

i miss her

palmtreefanatic said...

awww that is so sad Angela!
I am so happy to hear you have such fond memories! you will cherish those forever! she sounded like a wonderful person!
My prayers go out to you and the family!

Arian said...

I hear ya! It's rough loosing a grandparent! I'm glad she was such a big part of your life : )