Monday, May 7, 2007

We're Having a BOY!

Today was my ultrasound. Evidence was pretty clear that we're having a boy! He is around 11 ounces and developmentally right where he should be. We saw the four chambers of his heart, kidneys, brain, spine, as well as hands and feet. Apparently he wanted some privacy this morning, because he wouldn't move his arms away from his face for very long.

Evan & I decided against the quad test, which tests for down syndrome as well as some other abnormalities. Though the ultrasound is never guaranteed, the Dr. said that the chances of down syndrome dropped by 50% today by what he could see alone. Since we aren't having the blood test done, we'll take that as a good sign that everything is fine. The Dr. said that the nose is now a great indicator of chances for down syndrome. Our baby has a long nose (go figure!) which is a great sign that things are ok.

Now I know everyone is going to start asking about names. We haven't decided yet, and even when we do, I'm not sure we're telling. We have to leave SOME element of surprise, don't we? :o)

Below are a couple snapshots. The first highlights that he is indeed a boy. The second is a 3D image of the baby's face. These aren't quite as clear as the first set, but overall, I think you can distinguish the features.

8 comments:

Kris said...

That's great that everything is going well. I'm really happy for you guys!
Did they revise your due date at all?

Angela said...

Nope. They said I'm right on schedule. :o)

Jen said...

Congratulations Angela! Boys are great and usually easy babies other than the whole fountain thing :) You will get really, really quick at diaper changing and baths!!

sarah cool said...

This. Is. Awesome.

You guys are going to be awesome parents!!!!

palmtreefanatic said...

ahhh yes Jen is right the whole fountain thing! LOL! but yes easier to potty train as well! since they dont have to sit in public restrooms, that always made me nervous with Jelena, ANYWAYS, wow! I am so excited! this is great news, I am already preparing for the baby shower...can't wait!
long nose? Hammersmith all the way, oh well, I never took that extra test either!
well congrats again , i will anxiously be awaiting the name now:)

Liz McCoy said...

how exciting!!! Yippie and congrats...we've certainly love having a little boy!!

Liz McCoy said...

Angela!!

Tag you're it...

http://babymccoy.typepad.com/elm/2007/05/tag_youre_it.html

Joshua said...

I think he looks like Evan.