Monday, June 18, 2007

Interesting start to the week


We're off to a great start this morning. At about 5:45 am I looked out the window to see we had been vandalized overnight. The side of our white garage had been spraypainted with graffiti. I'm guessing it was a few satanic symbols with the motto of some wannabe gang members. Who knows. Oh, and 1 of our landscaping lights was also stolen. Last summer 3 lights were stolen in one night. Guess these kids weren't as brave this summer and only took 1.

Anyway, the police officer was at our house by 6:05am and he took photos and even measured a footprint I saw in our garden (smashing a lettuce plant).

The guy that lives across the street had an old white van parked in his driveway. It got the same graffiti as our garage. Also, Saturday night, the elderly people across the street got eggs and a can of Coke thrown on their house. Apparently our relatively quiet section of the street has become a new target. Hopefully the police will see that they need to patrol our area every hour during the night.

Maybe I'll try to snap a photo of the damage tonight, but I have other things I need to do. We'll see.

Hope everyone else's Monday is off to a better start than ours!!

8 comments:

daeth said...

Yuck, some people have no honor.

I would be sitting outside with a firearm for the next few nights ;).

palmtreefanatic said...

OMG!That is horrible Ang...I mean smashing mailboxes is bad enough, but spray painting? and the other? they must be patrolling heavy now! Do take a pic I wanna see...I hope somehow you can get it off!
im in shock to hear all this...I hope they catch the culprit!

sarah cool said...

Oh my gosh, Ang!!!! Sheesh!! That's terrible.

Sheesh, the police better start patrolling for the hoodlums!


I'm impressed that you managed to capture such a non-fuzzy picture of the bad man!!!

Angela said...

Ha! Do you like my photo of the vandal? Well, I won't have a photo of the garage damage because Evan and I painted over it last night in 10 minutes. The police got a photo of it though! Guess that's all that matters.

Dwight said...

Ahhh...Vandalism. Takes me back to my time in the hood of Clifton/Corryville.

sarah cool said...

Dwight, I would have thought that pizza dough taking over the neighborhood would have brought you back to the good old days...

Dwight said...

The vandal picture reminds me of one of evan's halloween costumes. Did Evan pose for this photo?

Angela said...

haha, no. Most of Evan's halloween costumes involved the cardboard cut-out masks (which he has saved in our filing cabinet). This mask is clearly not cardboard. The photo added humor to the not-so-funny situation.

Evan's mask tradition raises a thought: these could be entertaining, but mostly scary, for our son someday. Picture it, an Elmo mask worn by Evan.