
Well, yesterday was my 24-week check up at the doctor. I knew I had gained another 7lbs. (was hoping for 4) and the scales confirmed it. I have now gained a total of 22 lbs. Evan says I weigh as much as him now (thanks Evan!). I am frustrated because I have been drinking water, eating salads and fruit, going on walks, choosing low-sodium and low-sugar options of foods. I let myself have treats, of course, and the dr. said that I definitely should. I'm pregnant after all!
So, she gave me a diet plan if I want to try to be even more careful. I'm thinking it may be all about portion control. Hopefully my 28-week weight won't be as much.
I also have to get the glucose screening done. I plan on doing this on Saturday to get it over with. I don't like getting blood drawn, so the quicker the better. This tests for gestational diabetes and involves drinking a very sweet orange drink before getting your blood drawn. Should take an hour they said. Fun! Let's pray that everything is fine, because I don't want to have to go back for the more extensive blood work or have to go on a strict diet.
4 comments:
I had one of those appointments. I gained 10 lbs in like 2 or 3 weeks....but then the next time i hardly gained so it evened out.
I felt so guilty but the baby was growing big and fast what are you going to do???
I reached that point too when dh said that's as much as I weigh!! Yowzers not a fun moment. but atleast there was a good excuse. Love reading of your progress!! BIG HUGS!!!
Oh Angela! Your body is working so hard growing a baby! Nothing is as it should be. Try not to be so hard on yourself. You are doing a great job watching what you eat, there isn't much you can do beyond that. Unfortunately, your body is pretty much out of your control now and you can only do so much.
Hang in there...all of this will be worth it in the end :)
Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!! You're right, Jen, I am no longer 100% in control of this body anymore. I can try to make better decisions, but in the end my body will do what it needs to do! I am keeping my eye on the prize at the end, that's for sure!
woah! Don't feel so bad angela, I still think humidity and summer HAVE to have something to do with it right? ahh well! Small portions is probly the key!
I remember the orange drink, people used to tell me how sickening sweet and horrible it was but me being the sweet aholic thought it was pretty good, like drinking an orange soda! I am sure you will be fine!
Post a Comment