Since Thursday, I've been putting Seth down without his pacifier and letting him self-soothe/cry himself to sleep. I know that part of this going smoothly is based on me getting him down before he's overtired. He cries more if our schedule gets messed up and he gets to sleep when he's beyond tired.
So for naps he's been crying anywhere from 5-20 minutes. At night he will cry initially when we put him down and possibly a few more times during the night (briefly), which happens more often the more overtired he is . He wakes up around 4-4:30 for a bottle. After he eats, I put him right back down to finish his night sleep. This morning he fell back to sleep without a peep! With church today, his schedule got a little messed up and when we got home I gave him a bottle and put him down. He stayed quiet for about 10 minutes, then cried for about 10-15. I checked on him and his eyes were closed, he was in his favorite sleeping position (hands behind his head) and was crying. He was just really tired. He's learning to use his hand if he wants to chew on something.
So, we continue to work on his sleep schedule, which is easier during the week when less is going on. I am also continuing to introduce cereal each day. I try giving it to him after a bottle. I've heard about giving cereal in between two feedings, but I don't think this will work with his nap schedule. He sleeps between feedings for the most part.
2 comments:
well it sounds like it isn't going too bad that's great!!
I hope all continues to go so smoothly. :)
Leah, will sometimes cram her hands in mouth before we stick the pacifier in. Once she figured out she had some of her own equipment, she has really enjoyed sucking on her hands.
Post a Comment