Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Chinese New Year & Birth Chart



OK, so it starts. Everyone chipping in their two cents on my pregnancy:

I tell our elderly neighbor lady across the street that I am expecting, and the first words out of her mouth: Don't find out what you're having! Well, sorry, I'm leaning towards finding out. It's just how I'm wired, I'm a planner. It would be a cool surprise, but then we come home to a closet full of yellow and green clothing and accessories. Not to say I need all pink or all blue, just not ALL neutral. Our baby, our choices. That's the beauty. She had three kids to be surprised about, she doesn't need to be surprised about mine too.

Then, one of the first things my sister tells me is that I need to look up the Chinese Birth Chart. My reply is of course: what?? Anyway, she swears that it has been right for her all 3 times. So, I Google it. It predicts that I'm having a boy. Now I get to wait several more weeks to see if that's true.

What I have learned is that 2007 is not only the year of the Pig, it is the Year of the Golden Pig. According to Chinese Folklore, this is an event that occurs once in every 600 years and will ensure that a baby born on this year will experience a prosperous and wealthy life! Bonus!!

UPDATE: The ultrasound office just called and pushed my appointment to next Wednesday (14th)! Bummer!!

2 comments:

sarah cool said...

My Little Sister Hydia (with BBBS) and I went to a special Chinese luncheon thrown by this restaurant for BBBS, and they talked all about the year of the golden pig! You kid is one lucky kid!! :-)

For many reasons, of course!

palmtreefanatic said...

very interesting history there...