Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A brief update

This week marks the 34th in this pregnancy. How do I feel? Um, 34 weeks pregnant.

Sleeping is becoming a chore, or better said, getting comfortable with my 4 pillows each night is a chore. In between trips to the bathroom, my night consists of readjusting to find a comfortable position where my hips or back don't begin to ache. Fun, right? Let's see, putting socks and shoes on to go for a walk is comical. I'm getting real close to needing Evan's help with this.

Yesterday was another check-up at the doctor. Nothing new, still measuring big. How big? At 34 weeks I'm measuring 38. Any bets on whether this baby gets here before his due date?

And, to spare personal details over the internet, let's just say I'm pretty sure a pre-labor event has taken place...which tells me things are progressing. At this point, I'm hoping he holds off until after Sept. 8, which is the last social event I need to attend for the summer. I signed up for a breastfeeding preparation class on the 15th, we'll see if I can go. Might have to take him with me! ha.

Upcoming check-ups: Monday is the next ultrasound to take another look at his size. Sept. 4 is big doctor appt. where they are doing an actual exam to test for Strep B and also check dilation and effacement. Exciting!

That's the latest here.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Well that sounds exciting. I am still having monthly appointments. my next one is monday also.
I hear ya on the sleeping thing, it's rough...but i know it won't get much easier even after the kiddo comes. then i'm sure i will be super comfortable...but not able to stay there longer than a little while :P

Joshua said...

A pre-labor event? Should we start throwing out guesses of what you're referring to?

:)

Angela said...

ha, nah...no guessing. you're a new father so you could handle details, but i have to spare those who can't.

Dwight said...

This makes me think of Evan's fast walking. He didn't joke around when it was time to get to class. Looks like this kid isn't joking around either.