Friday, October 12, 2007

A mess only a mother would...love?

Yesterday I had the worst diaper change experience yet. Seth had totally filled a diaper with poop. So much so that it had spilled out the front and started to soak through his sleeper (which has feet, mind you). So, I get him on the changing table and try to carefully remove the sleeper without getting his legs and feet into the pool of golden goo. He likes to bring his legs and feet in close when his diaper is off, so it was quite the struggle! As I get Seth wiped up and reach for the new diaper, he decides to pee. It happened so fast, and it was aimed right for his ear! His head was turned and the urine started to fill his ear. I quickly turned his head to empty his ear and the urine stopped. Whew. I begin to position Seth to get the diaper on when he decides to finish peeing. At this point, placed on a plastic mat, I just let him finish. Now I had him lying in a pool of urine.

It was bath day anyway, so I decided now was the time. I cleaned up the urine, stain treated the sleeper (the yellow goo is brutal), and gave Seth a bath.

Five minutes after the bath, Evan walks in from work. I could have used his extra hands a little earlier!

Not my brightest motherhood moment.

3 comments:

Kris said...

fun...
Leah frequently pees while her diaper is off, but you don't know it until you pick her up and her clothes are wet all up the back and there is a puddle on the changing table. :P
Gotta love the yellow goo...

Liz McCoy said...

maybe not the brightest moment but definitely a classic!!!

lets see some more picts of that cutie!!!

palmtreefanatic said...

lol! Well I was waiting to hear better aim for you;) usually they pee straight at ya when the diaper is off! It will happen many more times you can count on it!
the goo is lovely isn't it!;)
yes show more photos of my darling nephew! he is growing TOO fast! I also say it is a good sign he is eating well;)