Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We've turned a corner


The last couple of weeks, Seth has turned a corner...finally! He is sleeping through the night! We put him down around 7 and he gets up at around 6:30am. With it being light at 6:30, it makes getting up a little easier for me too. Last night he fussed at 4:30 so I went in and covered him with his blanket and he fell back to sleep. Yay!

Also, his bottom two teeth have finally reached the surface! I can feel them with my finger now and can see the very tips of his first pearly whites. Good to know all that drooling has paid off.

He is getting closer to the idea of crawling. He will go from a sitting position on to his hands and knees but then gets frustrated and just lays down. ha. Or his leg will get stuck and he can't figure out what the problem is. I see him wanting to go for things, but just can't get the motions just right yet. I know I am not supposed to be anxious for him to crawl because my life will get much busier, but it's fun to see Seth growing and changing.

Evan & I have just now got around to making some of Seth's food. We made an apple/banana combo and some summer squash. I was pleasantly surprised that our new food processor could produce such a smooth result. We hope to tackle sweet potatoes this week as well (Seth's favorite). Making our own food is cheaper, we just didn't have the tools we needed until recently. We don't plan to make everything ourselves, but the easier things we are willing to tackle. It's fun ...as long as Seth likes our final product :o)

1 comment:

Kris said...

That's awesome that he is sleeping so well! Leah backtracked a bit in that area recently...maybe all that moving around makes her hungrier? Maybe her mouth hurts? I don't know. Too tired to think about it :P
I'd like to hear more about the food making-she is eating so much more recently it would definetly pay off to look into making our own.